Melodrama Pictures


About Melodrama Pictures
Correct me if I am wrong, Melodrama Pictures is the studio that produces the stop motion clay-animated film, Mary and Max (2009). Or at least, it is closely related. Very little is known about this company and I have tried to find any of their official social networks for any updates but to no avail. Fortunately, I found their official websites for some general information!

Melodrama Pictures is an independent film and television production company based in Melbourne, Australia, creating distinctive feature films, drama, documentary and animation over the last decade.

This low profile company is also the home to Adam Elliot, who has won over 100 different awards for his clayanimation works. Isn't that a remarkable feat!? Not 1 but over 100!! The founder of this company and a frequent collaborator, Melanie Coombs is also the producer of his notable works; Harvie Krumpet (2003) and Mary and Max (2009). Other than animation, she produce shorts, dramas and documentaries too. That's some Australian girl power!

PS. I wonder if they are going to release Harvie's Collection of Fakts someday and what's their upcoming animation film!? I know producing animation especially clayanimation isn't easy but I am curious and really want a Harvie book though. Otl. If anyone from Melodrama Pictures just happen to read this post... you guys are awesome! ^_^

What I like about this studio
[this section is to be updated in the future]

Official Website(s)

Rosalyn's Movie Marathon

Animation Short Film

Harvie Krumpet (2003)
(Thanks to Monster Distributes for making this available on Youtube)

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, 
some have greatness thrust upon them 
.....and then there are others"

Harvie Krumpet (2003) which won Oscar's Academy Award for Animated Short Film in 2004 is not the typical animation short you watch on TV and it has several strong messages that everyone could click. Or at least I did. Even if you won't feel any connection by watching it, I am sure you'll like it if you love comedy-drama or the art of animation! (I find this animation short so unique that I wanted to share with everyone! I do not wish to write more to spoil it but I find Harvie very impressive and I think you will too. And if you like this, you would most likely also like Mary and Max!)

1 comments:

  1. You should totally try to apply for the company. Just ask them the requirement via e-mail. I am sure that they will reply!

    ReplyDelete

Socrates once said, "One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him." ♡ Stay tune for more animated features!! ♡